Check the services are running
Windows 8 operating system
1.Start-> Type Control Panel-> swipe in from the right, tap or click Search, and then type 'Control Panel'.
2. Search Control Panel box, type 'services'.
3. click and open 'View local services'.
4. Start the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service".
5. Also run the "Windows Update" service
Windows 7 operating system and other earlier windows operating system
1. go to Start -> select Control Panel.
2. Open Administrative Tools.
3. On the toolbar select the icon for the viewing options list, and then click Large Icons.
4. Open Services.
5.Run the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service.
6. Also run the "Windows Update" service
Then install the windows update
Go to Charms menu and click on Settings
Click on the “Change PC settings” option in the settings menu.
Select “Windows Update.” Then select the “Check for updates now”
Click on “Install” to install the windows update.
The Updates will download and install automatically.
Click on Restart now and wait for computer restarting.
Once the Windows updates starts installing, it might take a while to install update and then restart
If the service for Windows Update is running, but the service still fails to check for updates, it can be a very critical problem with your computer affecting your personal data and the Windows Operating System. You will have to chat with our Experts to get the problems fixed with very high priority.