To keep your PC up to date, Windows Update needs to connect to the Internet. When there's a problem with this connection, you'll see an error saying that updates can't be downloaded. Here are some things you can try to solve this problem.
Troubleshooting windows update issue:
It is required to fix the Windows Updates components and services related to the error to fix this issue. Please follow the below steps to resolve the error code.
Check whether the services are running
To check whether the services are running, follow these steps for your version of Windows.
1. On the Start screen, type Control Panel. Alternatively, swipe in from the right, tap or click Search, and then type Control Panel.
2. In the Search Control Panel box, type services.
3. Click View local services.
4. Make sure that the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service is running.
5. Also run the "Windows Update" service
Windows 7 operating system and other earlier windows operating system
1. go to Start -> select Control Panel.
2. Open Administrative Tools.
3. On the toolbar select the icon for the viewing options list, and then click Large Icons.
4. Open Services.
5.Run the "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" service.
6. Also run the "Windows Update" service
Then install the windows update
Go to Charms menu and click on Settings
Click on the “Change PC settings” option in the settings menu.
Select “Windows Update.” Then select the “Check for updates now”
Click on “Install” to install the windows update.
The Updates will download and install automatically.
Click on Restart now and wait for computer restarting.
Once the Windows updates starts installing, it might take a while to install update and then restart
Now windows update is installed properly.